Are you thinking of moving or relocating to Seal Beach, California? Would you like to know what the quality of life is like living in Seal Beach?
|Weather||How much crime?||What are the neighborhoods like?||What are the people like?|
|Seal Beach is part of the typical So. Cal. beach weather. Winter and fall are mild, usually ranging in temperatures from 50 to 70 degrees. Summers and spring warm up to 60 to high 80's.Rain is minimal and there is an occasional flooding when the tides go above 6'.||Crime is Seal Beach consists of mostly assault, burglary and robbery. Shoplifting is also prevalent due to seasonal influx of tourists to the small shops on Main Street in the summer. Car burglary is also a problem as some out-of-towners tend to break into cars parked of tourists on the street while visiting the beach.||Seal Beach is a quiet resort type town with almost 80% being residential homes and condos. The homes are older, usually over 50 years, so many have been remodeled. The homes on the north side of Pacific Coast Highway are more track homes and are occupied by Caucasian families 30-40 years old. The other 20% is apartments rented to students or vacationers. The apartment area is where most of the crimes happen and has lower income residences housed by 5% African American.
Seal Beach is has a friendly small town atmosphere. Bike paths line the beach boardwalk, coffee shops line the main street and the people are welcoming to all the visitors. There are surf shops ready to rent a surfboard and take lessons or rent bicycles for a cruise on the boardwalk. The surf is generally not huge but good enough to learn how to surf - usually 2-3'.The pier was built in 1906 and overs a nice walk over the ocean. At the north end of town there is a jetty that separates the beach from the channel that enters the southern part of Long Beach.
|Seal Beach is a great place for retirees and young families that can afford the beach lifestyle. Many students rent here while in college for the coffee shops and bars that line Main Street and the beach. There is approximately 40% white over age 65 in Seal Beach. There is only a 15% population of Blacks and Asians.
Former hippies and surfers love Seal Beach for the ocean and atmosphere. Over 22% residences work in the education or health fields and over 40% have college degrees.
|Downtown Area||Restaurants||Schools||Single life|
|The downtown area is one main street that runs east to west from Pacific Coast Highway to the ocean. It is lined with small shops with trinkets and treasures, coffee shops and taverns.||There are a few good restaurants right in town. The Crab Pot and Busters Beach House are fun and not too expensive.||There are only a couple of elementary schools in Seal Beach. You must travel south to Huntington Beach for high school and Long Beach if you wish to attend a local college. The schools are all rated very high.||It is a great place for singles. There are numerous bars, taverns and coffee shops on Main Street and the beach is right at your fingertips.|
|Noise||town comparison vs.||Best hospital||Tourist attractions|
|Most of the noise comes from the waves breaking on the beach.||Seal Beach is neighbored by Long Beach on the north end and Sunset Beach on the south end. Long Beach is major metropolis compared to the small town of Seal Beach and Sunset Beach is smaller and more condensed. If you like the bigger city atmosphere then you would love Long Beach.||The closest hospital in a few miles away in Long Beach, Long Beach Community Hospital. It has all the facilities to handle any kind of an emergency.||The beach is the best place to visit but there are also several nice parks for kids and dogs.|
- Balboa Island
- Balboa Peninsula and Balboa Beach
- Bonita Canyon
- Costa Mesa
- Crystal Cove
- Dana Point
- Eastbluff Newport Beach
- Fountain Valley
- Harbor View Newport Beach
- Huntington Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Laguna Hills
- Laguna Niguel
- Lake Forest
- Lido Isle
- Long Beach
- Mission Viejo
- Newport Beach
- Newport Coast
- Newport Hills Newport Beach
- San Juan Capistrano
- Santa Ana
- Seal Beach
- Corona del Mar
Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of Apr 9, 2020 12:20:am. This information is for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties you may be interested in purchasing. Display of MLS data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. Information from sources other than the Listing Agent may have been included in the MLS data. Unless otherwise specified in writing, Broker/Agent has not and will not verify any information obtained from other sources. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.